…enjoys drawing, writing, and designing stuff. He has a number of good qualities.
Hi, I’m Jim. I channel odd thoughts into cartoons, writing, designs, and the occasional interpretive movement. My mission is to brighten your day with positive humor.
Other things about me:
- My cartoons and writing have appeared in magazines such as The Oldie, Alta, Women’s World, American Legion Magazine, Christian Living, Funny Times, and in Oatmeal Studios greeting cards.
- I’m a dad. I have cargo shorts and a fanny pack and I’m not afraid to use them.
- I love to draw. Everything you see on my site starts as pencil on paper. I grew up drawing, but mostly abandoned it in my 20s.
- I don’t have the typical “creative type” backstory. I studied mostly science and have long inhabited the corporate world. I didn’t come from an artsy family. I don’t look like an artist (see fanny pack, above).
- This cartoon stuff started in 2012 when, needing some stress relief, I started to connect my background in drawing to the strange jokes and narratives piling up in my brain. Just like that, I reconnected to my creative side and found a new passion.
- I think humor is noble, holy, and important.
- I enjoy bulleted lists.
- I’d love to hear from you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .